You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-26 08:57:36

adam_danischewski

Arch Anywhere -- Static Installation

I'm not sure yet if this distro is the proper one for me - it does look like a decent fork of the main Distro. I was originally participating at the main Distro site yet the moderators were acting like tyrants there, they pointed out that ArchLinux is "not a democracy" and started encouraging me to create a fork of my own or find one.

What I'm looking for is to install something that is static and stable that I have total control over (all source code and a working buildable environment). I realize this distro is meant to be easy to install and reminds me of Knoppix or other Live-CD distro's, that's fine with me for ease of installation. After installing Arch Anywhere how stable would the installation be? Can I expect to use any install from Arch Anywhere and continue using the software long into the future?

What I'd really like to be capable of doing is having a backup of my system such that if a hardware failure and I'm off-the-grid or if some calamity happened and there were no internet to download additional software. That I could pull a backup CD, and using potentially DISSIMILAR hardware install my whole system over again, getting back my original set-up.

Some features I'm interested in: instant working kernel/software BUILD ENV, redundant backups on the software (e.g. rar w/redundant records of ~10%, in case of bit-rot, +reed solomon par2 files for critical software), a workflow that reconstructs a working environment, when new software is downloaded a source code repository is automatically updated and optionally the source is built and compared to any quickly installed binary packaged ones (potentially at a later time, e.g. when I'm sleeping).

Is Arch Anywhere capable of what I am looking for, or could I get it there somewhat easily? Otherwise, if you know of another distro that does what I'm looking for I'd appreciate hearing about it, thanks.

#2 2017-05-27 23:05:32

xxvirusxx
Administrator
Website

Re: Arch Anywhere -- Static Installation

Arch Anywhere is not a distro. Arch Anywhere is a script integrated in  Arch Linux ISO to be easy to install Arch.

Stability depends on Arch Linux.

#3 2017-05-29 01:52:03

adam_danischewski

Thanks for the clarification, I guess that is something like what I need - an elaborate shell script.

I guess I'll build it myself - if anyone is interested in it let me know and I'll post back a Git Hub link.

#4 2017-05-30 17:55:39

scjet

Clonezilla Recovery Iso

#5 2017-06-04 17:14:38

sudarshan0564

Hello.. Everybody
I just downloaded the arch anywhere latest iso of x86_x64, I get a delay during boot as, " a start job is running for dhcpcd at enp2s0..." Then after boot, by doing iptest, it says I am not connected to the internet.

Where, It doesn't happen with vanilla arch official iso. I can successfully ping there..

I am using mobile data connection, 3G with tethering.
Not sure about LAN, Broadband etc.So I stucked here.. and now I can't install arch

Last edited by sudarshan0564 (2017-06-04 17:15:08)

Board footer